[Chicken-hackers] bootstrapping files

From: felix winkelmann
Subject: [Chicken-hackers] bootstrapping files
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2010 07:50:45 +0100

Hello!

Since the bootstrapping files blow up the git repo significantly, I have
removed them. To bootstrap the system you will need a working "chicken"
binary, which can be either built from a release tarball (or development
snapshot), or pick up a precompiled statically linked binary from here:

  http://chicken.wiki.br/chicken-projects/bootstrap/

There is now a script in scripts/build-boot-chicken.sh, which can be
used to build such a binary - anybody who is willing to
provide a bootstrapping binary for a platform for which we haven't
one available yet is very welcome.