[Chicken-hackers] set-read-syntax!

From: Jim Ursetto
Subject: [Chicken-hackers] set-read-syntax!
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2010 02:05:46 -0500

I have a module "foo" that uses set-read-syntax!. Although this is a form of syntax, it is not stored in the .import file with macro syntax. Therefore it will not be available at compile time when a user does (use foo).

The Chicken 3 solution is to force users to compile with -X foo if they want the read syntax. That seems excessive for Chicken 4--no need to load the entire module at compile time--but I don't know any other way to do it. Except if I make a separate file "foo-read- syntax" with just the set-read-syntax! call, which the user must still load with `-X foo-read-syntax`.

Other solutions?