Re: [Chicken-hackers] Suggestion for the ports unit: port-pipe

From: Thomas Chust
Subject: Re: [Chicken-hackers] Suggestion for the ports unit: port-pipe
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2010 15:19:34 +0200

2010/8/9 Moritz Heidkamp <address@hidden>:
> [...]
> I frequently find myself wanting/implementing a procedure which I shall
> call `port-pipe'. As the name suggests, its purpose is piping data from
> one port to another. As I find it very handy and general-purposey, I
> propose it for inclusion in the ports unit.
> [...]

Hello,

I think this would be a useful addition indeed.

Looking at the SchemeCrossReference[1] and the PLT Racket manual[2] I
find that Gauche, Racket, Scsh and STk all have a procedure compatible
with the signature (copy-port source destination) where source
satisfies input-port? and destination satisfies output-port?. If
CHICKEN got a procedure for the same purpose, I think it would
definitely make sense to make it compatible with this calling
convention as well.

Ciao,
Thomas

[1] http://practical-scheme.net/wiliki/schemexref.cgi?copy-port