[Chicken-hackers] catching compiling exceptions in setup-api

From: Jim Ursetto
Subject: [Chicken-hackers] catching compiling exceptions in setup-api
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2010 01:16:30 -0500

I want to compile a short test program as part of my egg.setup.  It
should normally compile without error, but if it does not, I want to
catch this error and do something.  However, (compile) calls (quit) on
error, which just calls (reset). I don't pretend to understand why,
but I would like to know how to catch the error.

If it helps, I cannot use (try-compile) because I need to execute the
program afterward, not just test whether it compiled and linked.

Jim