Re: [Chicken-hackers] CR: (#439) quasiquote changes

From: John Cowan
Subject: Re: [Chicken-hackers] CR: (#439) quasiquote changes
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2010 15:42:16 -0500

Thomas Chust scripsit:

> to me the analogy seems quite well chosen. By the way, sometimes I
> actually wonder whether splicing behaviour of multiple values in an
> argument list wouldn't be a good idea, but I'm unsure.

It's a Really Bad Idea, because it makes it impossible, for example, to
report (cons (x)) as a compile-time error (too few arguments). After
all, what if x returns two values?

--
John Cowan  address@hidden   http://www.ccil.org/~cowan
Dievas dave dantis; Dievas duos duonos          --Lithuanian proverb