Re: [Chicken-hackers] Remove of egg version from subversion query

From: Alan Post
Subject: Re: [Chicken-hackers] Remove of egg version from subversion query
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2010 10:21:46 -0700

On Thu, Dec 16, 2010 at 09:00:19AM -0800, Kon Lovett wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Does anyone see a problem with deleting an egg version from the
> Subversion repository? Specifically "uuid-ossp/tags/1.22". I do not
> want to continue this mistaken versioning style.
>
> Thank you,
> Kon

I don't see a problem with it in the following cases:

a) You won't be supporting that version anyway
b) You won't be affecting users who are running a *supported*
   version of Chicken.  By supported I mean: a user asking for
   help won't be told: "upgrade your version of Chicken."

We can always dig something out of the history, and if that version
is such that you'd tell someone "use a different version." when they
encounter a problem, I don't see any issue with deleting it.

-Alan
--
.i ko djuno fi le do sevzi