Re: [Chicken-hackers] need irregex benchmark

From: Jim Ursetto
Subject: Re: [Chicken-hackers] need irregex benchmark
Date: Sun, 22 May 2011 16:14:06 -0500

If I recall correctly, there was a pretty big performance hit for certain
regexes that include submatches. I think this may have occurred when we
upgraded irregex to 0.8. I mentioned it on IRC previously, but I don't know if
I saved the exact test cases. I will check later today. however, I think this
was an algorithmic problem and not something solvable with compiler
optimizations.

The svnwiki-sxml extension uses regexes heavily. It does not process
particularly slowly from a human perspective, but you could construct a long
document.