Re: [Chicken-hackers] CR: expt should signal error on domain error

From: Moritz Heidkamp
Subject: Re: [Chicken-hackers] CR: expt should signal error on domain error
Date: Mon, 04 Jul 2011 12:59:25 +0200

Felix <address@hidden> writes:
> Is this intuition, or are you simply being used to it? I learned in
> School that division by zero is invalid.

To be fair, Peter was suggesting that changing expt to behave
differently from fexpt might be unintuitive, not division by zero
behaving different for different numeric representations. That's a
differently differing difference.

> This deeply disappoints me. You all are a bunch of robots.

Who would have thought that floating point numbers can stir emotions
like that! On second thought ...

Indifferently,
Moritz