Re: [Chicken-hackers] [Chicken-meisters] Let's have a roadmap, just like

From: Ivan Raikov
Subject: Re: [Chicken-hackers] [Chicken-meisters] Let's have a roadmap, just like the grown-ups
Date: Sat, 10 Sep 2011 14:14:49 +0900

  I think that setting up and maintaining a ratings site might be a bit
too much overhead, and more importantly, it will take effort to
convince people to vote (if the Chicken survey is any indication).

  How about we set up a system similar to the Debian popularity contest,
where the Debian package system maintains a record of how many times a
package was installed (which may be some indicator of its maturity and
stability).

  I think it would not be too hard to modify the henrietta script to
update a flat database each time a package is installed. Is anybody else
interested in this, or should I look at it?

  -Ivan