Re: [Chicken-hackers] Remove old variant of find-files

From: Christian Kellermann
Subject: Re: [Chicken-hackers] Remove old variant of find-files
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2011 11:00:08 +0200

* Peter Bex <address@hidden> [110922 10:45]:
> On Thu, Sep 22, 2011 at 10:38:50AM +0200, Moritz Heidkamp wrote:
> > I'm not entirely sure what would be a sensible default myself. FWIW the
> > GNU find program doesn't follow symlinks by default.
>
> I think that's safer since symlinks can create cycles which might cause
> an endless loop.  If in doubt, choose the safe option, to make it harder
> to accidentally shoot yourself in the foot :)
> (or do we have cycle detection?)

So if you apply this patch I would add a tiny change afterwards
that switches the default behaviour. Provided we agree on this (I
am also for not following symlinks).

--
Who can (make) the muddy water (clear)? Let it be still, and it will
gradually become clear. Who can secure the condition of rest? Let