Re: [Chicken-hackers] Need help to understand C_mutate better.

From: Jörg F . Wittenberger
Subject: Re: [Chicken-hackers] Need help to understand C_mutate better.
Date: 21 Oct 2011 12:22:38 +0200

Hi,

Trying to get a better understanding where C_mutate might
be called in a way it can end up growing the mutation_stack
beyond bounds, I found in runtime.c:

C_h_pair
C_h_vector
C_h_structure
C_h_list

Those appear to be obsolete.  Or at least I can't find
any reference to them from the rest of the code.

The only one from the C_h_ family would be C_h_intern
where the c-backend.scm compiles calls into the
generated .c files.

Should those functions go?

For the C_mutate, whoever has any wild guess how this
behaviour could come up, please help me with that one.

(BTW: I'm rather positive that this has nothing to do with
changes I made to my chicken.  Those I came to make because
the I've been trying to locate that problem.
As a secondary effect the system ran somewhat faster,
increasing the probability of the issue to coming up.
Therefore my bet is that it's in native chicken too.)