Re: [Chicken-hackers] Need help to understand C_mutate better.

From: Felix
Subject: Re: [Chicken-hackers] Need help to understand C_mutate better.
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2011 11:05:13 +0200 (CEST)

> If I compile (maybe too much) with disable-interrupts
> could this prevent a garbage collection to happen?

No - GC is independent of interrupt handling. Interrupts just
piggyback on the GC checking mechanism.

> I'm attaching a diff against current git master.
>
> This does NOT help with the C_mutate issue I see.
>
> It pull the simple tests first and inlines C_in_stackp .
>
> Running on that code it looks as if the optimization is not
> that small.

So is performance the point of this patch? Because it is not
completely clear what this patch addresses. The mutation stack
only overflows if you avoid GC (which can be easily traced),
are you doing that?

> Note that I did not complete all of the C_h_* family, since
> I'm afraid those are really obsolete.

That's right - I'll remove those. Thanks for pointing this out.