Re: [Chicken-hackers] bootstrapping (again)

From: Felix
Subject: Re: [Chicken-hackers] bootstrapping (again)
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2011 12:30:45 +0100 (CET)

>> Is LD_LIBRARY_PATH globally set?
>
> Yes, but it does not include any paths with chicken libraries.

Ok.

> For the check step:
> Is this intended to test the freshly installed chicken or the uninstalled one?

It is intended to test the currently built one, but I had problems
with this from time to time, and it may be the case that installed
chickens might interfere. The script sets LD_LIBRARY_PATH and
CHICKEN_REPOSITORY and all sorts of things, yet I'm not 100% sure
every corner case or platform idiosyncrasy is taken care of.

> Given the problems I see from time to time, I would like to check the
> installed
> chicken. Is this possible?

This is currently not supported. The easiest thing to do would be to
modify runtests.sh accordingly.