Re: [Chicken-hackers] Thrush operator

From: Jörg F . Wittenberger
Subject: Re: [Chicken-hackers] Thrush operator
Date: 14 Feb 2012 22:35:23 +0100

On Feb 14 2012, Moritz Heidkamp wrote:

Hello Chickeneers,

find attached a suggested addition to miscmacros: the thrush operator
family. Apparently it stems from Raymond Smullyan's book on
combinatorial logic "To Mock a Mockingbird", which I haven't read
(yet). I've first learned about it through Clojure and have found it
quite nice for increasing the readability of chained calls. See Debasish
Ghosh's post [1] about it for some background.

Hi Moritz,

May I suggest a possibly obvious extension
(Long ago I've been playing with similar notations):

I rather loved to think instead of "inserting the (*single*)
value of the expression into the next expression" of something
along the lines of physical wires:
connect (pass) all the result(s) of the first expression into the next
(which would then need to accept as many values as the stage
before returns.