Re: [Chicken-hackers] [patch] disallow slashes in egg names, ignore . an

From: John Cowan
Subject: Re: [Chicken-hackers] [patch] disallow slashes in egg names, ignore . and ..
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2012 21:33:22 -0500

Peter Bex scripsit:

> Let's not build complete omniscience of all crufty things of all OSes
> Chicken runs on into chicken-install;

No, no.  I'm referring to the server side.

> the matter.  If there's an issue with an egg name under some OS, people
> using that OS trying to install that egg can contact the egg author and
> ask for a rename.

Don't forget that there are private henrietta installs, too.  At least
I assume so from the security warning that just went out.

> For example, if I release an egg which provides Scheme wrappers for
> Unix-only functions (fork, kqueue, whatever), I wouldn't want to be
> bothered with all the restrictions of that silly other thing that
> calls itself an OS - my egg wouldn't even run on it in the first place!

That makes you want to call the egg "foo\:bar"?

--
John Cowan            http://www.ccil.org/~cowan     address@hidden
                if if = then then then = else else else = if;