[Chicken-hackers] Loading reader-macros before compilation

From: Peter Danenberg
Subject: [Chicken-hackers] Loading reader-macros before compilation
Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2012 17:57:55 -0500

I'm trying to write an egg that exposes a reader macro, but I'm
running into the reader-macros-are-too-late-for-compilation problem
that's been documented here [1] and here [2].

Of course, I can mandate `-X <egg>', but that's a pain-in-the-ass for
users: in order to use autocompile, for instance, I have to set
environment variables; I can't just invoke the script.

How difficult would it be to implement reader-macros at compile time
without requiring compilation flags; using something like e.g.
require-extension?

Footnotes:
[1]
http://wiki.call-cc.org/man/4/faq#why-does-define-reader-ctornot-work-in-my-compiled-program