Re: [Chicken-hackers] 4.8.0 release?

From: Thomas Hintz
Subject: Re: [Chicken-hackers] 4.8.0 release?
Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2012 01:22:01 -0700

Thanks everyone who was involved! I'm running the latest RC and it seems great, no issues so far. I'm especially glad since it fixed a segfault and now my customers are happier :-)

On Thu, Sep 6, 2012 at 12:15 PM, Peter Bex <address@hidden> wrote:
On Thu, Sep 06, 2012 at 09:05:36PM +0200, Felix wrote:

> Hackers!

Felix!

> AFAIK, there is nothing left open for this release. I have a bunch of
> things that I'd like to submit (or re-submit), but that doesn't belong
> into the current release. If nobody objects, I'd like to bump the
> version to 4.8.1 and submit further patches, so "master" will diverge
> from the current release code in "prerelease".

Do it!  This will be awesome!  I'm also itching to bring irregex
up-to-date. :)

> If you haven't already: this is the chance to give it a final test
> before we wrap it up. Regardless of platform, no matter what OS. Did
> you already try it out? Do it again. Do it twice. Or more. Test, test,
> test, day and night, from dusk till dawn. Then test some more: at
> home, at work, before and after meals, before you go to sleep, and
> when you wake up.

*goes to test some more*

http://sjamaan.ath.cx
                                                        -- Donald Knuth