Re: [Chicken-hackers] [Chicken-users] Spiffy & OpenSSL in compiled code

From: Felix
Subject: Re: [Chicken-hackers] [Chicken-users] Spiffy & OpenSSL in compiled code
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2012 19:30:54 +0200 (CEST)

> 'use' relies on chicken-syntax so (use chicken-syntax) must appear in
> the toplevel of the executable otherwise the eval throws an exception.
>
> With the 'csi -s' invocation, chicken-syntax is available by default.

Since I have the situation of requiring the extended syntax bindings
myself sometimes (and always forget about this), I wonder if it would
be desirable to load it by default.  That would mean "eval" always has
access to the non-standard syntactic bindings usually available in
chicken. The downside is the extra time needed for loading and
initializing "chicken-syntax", including the amount of runtime storage
needed (I haven't measured this, though).  An additional point in
favor is that new users are likely not able to figure out the
"(require 'chicken-syntax)" which is needed to evaluate chicken code.