Re: [Chicken-hackers] Outstanding patches

From: Mario Domenech Goulart
Subject: Re: [Chicken-hackers] Outstanding patches
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2012 14:51:17 -0500

Hi,

On Mon, 12 Nov 2012 20:41:53 +0100 Peter Bex <address@hidden> wrote:

> "Add .gitignore"
> http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/chicken-hackers/2012-10/msg00048.html
>
> I'm unsure.  If it bothers Mario enough, maybe it should just be applied.
> I don't really care either way, but I seem to remember Felix mentioned
> that it would be annoying if git would hide "too much", and I agree that
> would be annoying.  The current behavior is a little annoying too.
> Adding local overrides can be done via your own ~/.gitignore

It can just be skipped.  I don't mind it, absolutely.  I actually just
submited it because I mentioned I had one and Christian said he'd be
interested in it.  So I thought others could be interested in it too,
then I just packed it as a patch.

It's just (arguably) a convenience.  It doesn't actually fix anything.

Best wishes.
Mario
--
http://parenteses.org/mario