Re: [Chicken-hackers] stability/4.8.0 test release available

From: Mario Domenech Goulart
Subject: Re: [Chicken-hackers] stability/4.8.0 test release available
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2013 16:27:35 -0500

Hi Jim,

On Thu, 10 Jan 2013 02:11:30 -0600 Jim Ursetto <address@hidden> wrote:

> I've uploaded a test distribution tarball of stability/4.8.0 [1].
> This should contain everything that will go into 4.8.0.1 unless we
> find a problem.  If anyone would like to test it, it would be
> appreciated.  I also pushed the patches to the throw-away
> tmp/stability/4.8.0 branch [2] in my github account.
>
> You can see what's included by looking at NEWS [3] or NEWS.stability. [4]
>
> [1] http://3e8.org/pub/chicken/stability-tmp/chicken-4.8.0-c4edbf1.tar.gz
> [2] https://github.com/ursetto/chicken-core-stability/tree/tmp/stability/4.8.0
> [3]
> https://raw.github.com/ursetto/chicken-core-stability/tmp/stability/4.8.0/NEWS
> [4]
> https://raw.github.com/ursetto/chicken-core-stability/tmp/stability/4.8.0/NEWS.stability

I've tested your tarball on the following systems:

Operating system          GCC     Hardware platform
------------------------+-------+------------------
Linux                     4.7.2   x86
Linux                     4.7.2   x86-64
FreeBSD                   4.2.1   x86
Haiku                     4.4.4   x86
Windows XP (mingw-msys)   4.5.2   x86

I run "make install" and "make check".  Everything seems to be ok on
those systems (except private repository test on Windows, which fails
due to environment configuration problems, IIRC -- shell and make
issues on that particular system).

As mentioned on IRC, I've also run salmonella on the full set of eggs to
compare the stability tarball to 4.8.0.  The results are here:
http://parenteses.org/mario/misc/salmonella-diff-4.8.0-stability/  It
seems that there is no regression.

Best wishes.
Mario