Re: [Chicken-hackers] [patch] utils: qs not escaping pipes

From: Peter Bex
Subject: Re: [Chicken-hackers] [patch] utils: qs not escaping pipes
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2013 15:53:42 +0100

On Sun, Feb 17, 2013 at 03:22:48PM +0100, Florian Zumbiehl wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I noticed that qs doesn't escape pipe characters. I suggest the patch
> below, which not only makes it so that pipes get escaped, but it also
> switches away from the blacklist approach, which invariably doesn't
> work ;-)

Hi,

This is much better, and a lot safer.  Thanks!

Could you please attach the patch next time, in git's "format-patch"
format?  This makes it easier for us to apply and sign off, and ensures
it includes a commit message and correct author.

This change introduced some breakage due to incorrect double escaping
in setup-api, so I've attached a git "format-patch patch" which fixes
this and adds a note to NEWS.

Could someone more knowledgeable about Windows please take a look at
the version for that platform?  That implementation does not look correct
at all.  It would be great if we could have a correct version for Windows
as well.

http://www.more-magic.net