Re: [Chicken-hackers] strange error message, please help with interpreta

From: Jörg F . Wittenberger
Subject: Re: [Chicken-hackers] strange error message, please help with interpretation
Date: 08 Mar 2013 23:00:15 +0100

On Mar 8 2013, Moritz Heidkamp wrote:

Hi Jörg,

Jörg F. Wittenberger <address@hidden> writes:
So how would I interpret this message.  As far as I can see, this
tells me that somehow a typecheck failed on a (struct <uri>)
testing it to be a (struct <uri>) -- which would have been supposed
to succeed.

Am I missing something????

I think your assessment is correct. Unfortunately, I don't have the
slightest clue what might be the cause of this either. I assume you are
not using ##sys#make-structure or anything to create instances of that
record type but only the "proper" constructor?

Yes.  Even more restritive.  The structure is defined like this
(don't argue about correctness or whatever):

(define-record-type <uri>
 (%make-uri scheme authority path query fragment)
 uri?
 (scheme uri-scheme)
 (authority uri-authority)
 (path uri-path)
 (query uri-query)
 (fragment uri-fragment))

and the only constructor exported from the module is:

(define (make-uri scheme authority path query fragment)
 (%make-uri (if (string? scheme) (string->symbol scheme) scheme)
             authority path query fragment))

Also: the code is pulled into the module via "include" and
otherwise shared with rscheme.  -->  Any use of a "#" character
in the code would make it unreadable to rscheme.

((This double-checking is one of the more important reasons,
why I have split my code into implementation dependent sections
and protable parts.))

I really don't see a way, how I could accidentally mess with it.

But: once upon a time I'm abserving strange things in the
chicken process.  I can't blame chicken so far.  Though I
tend to be tough on me - and still don't see where my code
could fail there.  --  Which is still not saying that there's
nu bug lurking on my side.

/Jörg