Re: [Chicken-hackers] testcase -strict-types

From: John Cowan
Subject: Re: [Chicken-hackers] testcase -strict-types
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2013 21:14:49 -0400

Felix scripsit:

> Strict-types means you declare that variables never change their type,
> once a type has been inferred (or explicitly declared).

That sounds like an excellent feature.  But in that case, if the known
procedure `null?` is being called on an expression whose type is known
to be the type of (), the call should be replaced with #t, and if it is
known *not* to be the type of (), the call should be replaced with #f.
In neither case should it be a compile-time error to invoke `null?`
in that circumstance, and I don't understand why it currently is.

--
You escaped them by the will-death              John Cowan
and the Way of the Black Wheel.                 address@hidden