Re: [Chicken-hackers] extending define-values

From: Peter Bex
Subject: Re: [Chicken-hackers] extending define-values
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2013 22:48:00 +0200

On Fri, Mar 29, 2013 at 01:43:55AM -0400, John Cowan wrote:
> I've just filed ticket #1002 to extend define-values to allow arbitrary
> lambda-lists.  That allows this sort of thing:
>
> (define-values a (procedure-returning-unknown-number-of-values))
>
> which binds a to all the values.

Quite useful, this.  Here's a patch to make this happen.  Unfortunately,
the code that canonicalizes lambda bodies needs to take care of
define-values as well, and that's rather tricky ("disgustingly complex",
according to the comments).

For now this change might be acceptable, I'll take a stab at simplifying
it later.

http://www.more-magic.net