Re: [Chicken-hackers] extending define-values

From: Peter Bex
Subject: Re: [Chicken-hackers] extending define-values
Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2013 22:55:00 +0200

On Fri, Apr 05, 2013 at 10:49:15PM +0200, Felix wrote:
> The patch looks ok to me, even though I'm not sure the benefit of having
> this feature outweights the added complexity, apart from having a little
> bit of extra consistence.

Note that this makes define-values r7rs-compliant.
The alternative is to keep the old definition and provide the slightly
more complicated one in the new "r7rs egg", but I don't know how to make
the internal definitions syntax stuff extensible.

I think internal definition rewriting may be one of the worst warts of
Scheme.  R8RS should try to fix this :)

http://www.more-magic.net