Re: [Chicken-hackers] -block not properly mixing with -strict-types

From: Jörg F . Wittenberger
Subject: Re: [Chicken-hackers] -block not properly mixing with -strict-types
Date: 15 Apr 2013 10:58:04 +0200

On Apr 11 2013, Felix wrote:

So block it not for me?

I think not. You can selectively apply block mode to single toplevel
bindings with "(declare (hide IDENTIFIER ...))", but in the end you
are better off using the module system, which makes this automatic
(for unexported bindings).

AH I see.

That sentence should go into the manual IMHO.

I have all source in modules.  So -block does not have a point!

In fact I should not bother, less hope this having some nice effect
at all.

(Besides that my "workaround" helps to isolate compilation units
from dependencies related to other modules *implementation*.)

Thanks a lot

/Jörg