Re: [Chicken-hackers] Issue installing sxpath

From: Felix
Subject: Re: [Chicken-hackers] Issue installing sxpath
Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2013 22:40:21 +0200 (CEST)

From: Thomas Hintz <address@hidden>
Subject: [Chicken-hackers] Issue installing sxpath
Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2013 09:57:55 -0700

> I'm unable to install sxpath. I haven't run across any other issues
> installing other eggs.
>
> Any help in figuring out what the issue is or pointing me in the right
> direction would be appreciated.
>
> chicken-install sxpath
> retrieving ...
> connecting to host "chicken.kitten-technologies.co.uk", port 80 ...
> requesting "/henrietta.cgi?name=sxpath&mode=default" ...
> reading response ...
> HTTP/1.1 200 OK
> Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2013 16:51:55 GMT
> Server: Apache/2.2.24 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.24 OpenSSL/0.9.9-dev DAV/2
> SVN/1.7.8 PHP/5.4.13 mod_fastcgi/2.4.6
> Connection: close
> Transfer-Encoding: chunked
> reading chunks ...[panic] out of memory - heap full while resizing -
> execution terminated

This looks like a corrupt heap. The egg is quite large - perhaps the download
triggers some corner case in the networking- or I/O system. I assume
"chicken-install -r sxpath" fails as well? Is this crash always reproducible?

If you need sxpath right now and don't want to waste any more time,
consider getting it via svn directly from the egg repository:

  http://code.call-cc.org/svn/chicken-eggs/release/4/sxpath