Re: [Chicken-hackers] windows paths with spaces

From: Jim Ursetto
Subject: Re: [Chicken-hackers] windows paths with spaces
Date: Wed, 15 May 2013 09:49:32 -0500

I'm reluctant to apply this patch for two reasons.

1) (compile-file) still does manual quoting on mingw32 (see the "crapshell" variable) and I'm not convinced this is correct with the quoting change in (qs).
2) The API docs for (qs) explicitly state that it escapes metacharacters with backslash on UNIX, so someone could be using it to do exactly that.

If someone can convince me these are both non-issues I'll definitely apply it.

Jim