Re: [Chicken-hackers] ep

From: John Cowan
Subject: Re: [Chicken-hackers] ep
Date: Tue, 9 Jul 2013 14:29:56 -0400

.alyn.post. scripsit:

> /home would have been a safe assumption before Mac OS X, but that
> operating system uses /Users.  /etc/usermgmt.conf on OpenBSD defines
> the user base_dir (to /home), I'm not sure how this value is
> determined on other operating systems.

Eh, what of it?  It's a fallback to a fallback: no $HOME falls back to
getpwnam() (normally /etc/passwd but not necessarily), which then needs
a fallback.  Falling back to I!AM!HOMELESS would be just about as good.

--
Deshil Holles eamus.  Deshil Holles eamus.  Deshil Holles eamus.
Send us, bright one, light one, Horhorn, quickening, and wombfruit. (3x)