Re: [Chicken-hackers] More support for The Hurd

From: Peter Bex
Subject: Re: [Chicken-hackers] More support for The Hurd
Date: Fri, 8 Nov 2013 15:43:32 +0100

On Mon, Oct 28, 2013 at 10:15:58PM +0100, Christian Kellermann wrote:
> I have done so and rebased the two patches against current master.
> The patch now sets the limit to 1024 which is arbitrary but as good
> as any other, say 128 (I am looking at your windows).

Thank you for the patches.  Since nobody has commented on them anymore,
I've pushed them.  If it breaks Mac OS X, then PLEASE someone, speak up,
otherwise I'll just assume this works fine.

I've (again, GRR!) updated distribution/manifest to add the new Makefile,
and NEWS to mention the platform support.  Could you update the platform
wiki pages with the relevant info as well?

> make check almost works, the deployment test is failing. I need
> toread up on the supported linker hints The Hurd supports.

Please keep us posted.  I wouldn't want to release 4.9.0 with broken
make check on Hurd.  In case it really can't be supported, I'd prefer
to disable the test for now on Hurd, like we did with AIX.

http://www.more-magic.net