[Chicken-hackers] Ticket 942 - make install uses user's umask

From: DG Ward
Subject: [Chicken-hackers] Ticket 942 - make install uses user's umask
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2013 12:11:22 +1300

Hey guys,

I've been working away on fixing the problem described here:
http://bugs.call-cc.org/ticket/942

The problem only manifests itself when you install via. sudo.

The reason that the issue arose is that no owner was specified for the files being installed. This meant that the owner defaulted to the person who ran the command.

That itself may not seem like it should screw up the permissions as they were directly specified (e.g. -m755). The gotcha? Sudo doesn't let issued programs set a umask that's more permissive than that of the invoking user.

Explicitly stating the owner as root lets us set the mode to whatever we please :)

I've attached a quick patch that fixes it on my side :)
~elderK