Re: [Chicken-hackers] make check starts a.out which runs forever in the

From: Christian Kellermann
Subject: Re: [Chicken-hackers] make check starts a.out which runs forever in the background
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2014 10:12:37 +0100

* Sven Hartrumpf <address@hidden> [140121 07:37]:
> Hi all.
>
> The git version of chicken shows an annoying behavior
> for some time.
> If I run "make check", the output looks ok, but an a.out
> process runs forever in the background (100% cpu usage).
> It cannot be killed with SIGTERM, but only with SIGKILL.
> The a.out appears at the end of "make check".
>
> (32bit build on 64bit Linux.)

This might be a rouge test case from the thread-join! test
introduced by e2700786c777b8ef353e92c66f8ccdeea7524cca. Can you
disable that test and run make check again and see if it is gone
then?

Sorry for the inconvenience!

Kind regards,

Christian

--
In the world, there is nothing more submissive and weak than
water. Yet for attacking that which is hard and strong, nothing can