Re: [Chicken-hackers] pastiche db drop

From: Andy Bennett
Subject: Re: [Chicken-hackers] pastiche db drop
Date: Mon, 03 Feb 2014 17:49:50 +0000

Hi,

> Ow ow ow ow.  When a system I was responsible for fell off the Internet
> for 24+ hours due to a power failure in the building where the servers
> were,...

<anecdata>
I was debugging an issue with one of our data providers the other day
and I found some items in the log that I thought were unrelated but were
in the area we were investigating. Anyway, on clarifying them with the
data provider their response was "Oh yeah, don't worry about those. Our
datacenter caught fire over the weekend so one or two of the servers in
the cluster went lame."
</anecdata>

Regards,
@ndy