[Chicken-hackers] Let's make a release!

From: Peter Bex
Subject: [Chicken-hackers] Let's make a release!
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2014 13:38:36 +0100

Hi everyone,

Now that #877 is (hopefully) fixed, I'd like to start the prerelease
process.  I'll merge the manual somewhere this weekend and then merge the
master branch into prerelease, unless anyone objects.

I think the remaining open tickets should probably be postponed till
after the release.  It's taken long enough and these tickets don't
substantially improve the situation when fixed, IMHO.

Of course we need the #877 fix tested some more, so we'll have to wait
for at least a few results, but I think it's also a good time to have
the community do some serious testing on our supported platforms.

If anyone has any important patches that have to go into this release,
feel free to post them.

http://www.more-magic.net