Re: [Chicken-hackers] [Chicken-announce] CHICKEN 4.9.0rc1 is available

From: Peter Bex
Subject: Re: [Chicken-hackers] [Chicken-announce] CHICKEN 4.9.0rc1 is available
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2014 20:52:44 +0200

On Fri, Apr 18, 2014 at 01:38:42PM -0400, John Cowan wrote:
> Mario Domenech Goulart scripsit:
>
> > The first release candidate for CHICKEN 4.9.0 has been released.  It's
> > available at
> > http://code.call-cc.org/dev-snapshots/2014/04/17/chicken-4.9.0rc1.tar.gz
>
> It fails under Cygwin64 (this is the first time I've installed this
> version of Cygwin).  Here are two patches that help it along.

Thanks for pointing out it doesn't work on Cygwin64.  However, AFAIK
it's not currently an officially supported platform.  So while we should
probably fix this (if anyone can run it and has the energy to maintain
yet another variation of the dreck that is Windows), it shouldn't hold
up the 4.9.0 release, IMHO.

http://www.more-magic.net