Re: [Chicken-hackers] [Chicken-users] CHICKEN 4.9.0rc1 is available

From: Mario Domenech Goulart
Subject: Re: [Chicken-hackers] [Chicken-users] CHICKEN 4.9.0rc1 is available
Date: Tue, 06 May 2014 13:47:25 +0000

Hi Michele,

On Tue, 6 May 2014 14:19:19 +0200 Michele La Monaca <address@hidden> wrote:

> this patch fixes the private repository issue in Solaris.

Thanks a lot.  As I understand it, $PWD and `pwd` don't produce the same
value on your system.  Is it right?

Getting the current work directory is surprisingly hard (maybe not that
surprising).  There's $PWD, the pwd shell builtin and the pwd executable
file (usually /bin/pwd or /usr/bin/pwd).  Sometimes they don't produce
consistent results when the current work directory is a symlink or the
path to it contains a symlink.  That's probably why this test breaks on
your system.

Does the path to the directory where you built and tested CHICKEN
contain a symlink?  What shell are you using?

Best wishes.
Mario