Re: [Chicken-hackers] CR #1142 and upcoming changes

From: John Cowan
Subject: Re: [Chicken-hackers] CR #1142 and upcoming changes
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2014 17:15:47 -0400

Felix Winkelmann scripsit:

> It is written:

I'm glad to see you are treating R7RS-small as scripture!

> "If an implementation supports multiple threads, then parameterize
> must not change the associated values of any parameters in any thread
> other than the current thread and threads created inside <body>."
>
> It's the last part that I got wrong: I incorrectly assumed it may
> _not_ influence the values in threads created inside <body>.

That assumption was incorrect, yes.  `Parameterize` obviously affects
parameter values in the current thread (or it would be useless), and may
affect values in child threads created within the body.  We don't spell
out that it must not do so after the thread is created: exceptions are
hard enough without exceptions to exceptions.

--
John Cowan          http://www.ccil.org/~cowan        address@hidden
But the next day there came no dawn, and the Grey Company passed on