Re: [Chicken-hackers] Exposing internal APIS

From: Peter Bex
Subject: Re: [Chicken-hackers] Exposing internal APIS
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2014 12:34:04 +0200

On Fri, Sep 12, 2014 at 12:31:00PM +0200, Felix Winkelmann wrote:
> Hello, again!
>

> If I understand this correctly, then you want to expose the internal
> threading stuff in scheduler.scm as a module?

I think we can do the same I did with the compiler modules: simply wrap
the code in a module form, but not install the import library.  That way,
it's still an unofficial "hidden" API, but eggs like SRFI-18 can use
things like chicken.scheduler#schedule.

And, like Christian said, it will hide the helper functions without
having to use a HIDE declaration (with all the dangers of forgetting
to hide one or two identifiers).

http://www.more-magic.net