Re: [Chicken-hackers] extracting srfi-1 from chicken 5

From: Peter Bex
Subject: Re: [Chicken-hackers] extracting srfi-1 from chicken 5
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2015 08:27:38 +0100

On Sun, Feb 01, 2015 at 05:23:11PM -0500, John Cowan wrote:
> Felix Winkelmann scripsit:
>
> > - There is an include file ("mini-srfi-1.scm") that holds the
> >   procedures that are currently needed. It is included by several
> >   units, mostly compiler units.
>
> This sounds like the Right Thing.  We'll need some documentation on
> what mini-srfi-1 supports; in particular, that it doesn't typically
> support multiple list arguments.

From what I understand (I haven't had a chance to look at the code yet),
mini-srfi-1 is supposed to be for internal use only; not for user code.
This allows us to keep the number of features to a minimum and means we
don't have to worry as much about error situations like invalid arg types.

So, no documentation necessary unless you're arguing we should create
documentation for the internal API, which I would agree is a good thing
but we don't have any at all yet either way.