Re: [Chicken-hackers] [Chicken-users] Build error on MinGW

From: Evan Hanson
Subject: Re: [Chicken-hackers] [Chicken-users] Build error on MinGW
Date: Sat, 25 Apr 2015 10:18:38 +1200

On 2015-04-24 15:48, Matt Gushee wrote:
> Anyone know why this would happen?

Yes, I've also run into this issue recently. `getc_unlocked` is used
when the compiler defines `_POSIX_C_SOURCE >= 199506L`. This appears to
be one standard too early, but even after adjusting the relevant #ifdef
to check for the POSIX.1-2001 standard (in which this feature was
specified) the build still fails.

So, I guess MinGW is claiming POSIX.1-2001 but not providing
`getc_unlocked`, so we'll probably have to add a workaround.

In the meantime, try the attached patch.

Cheers,

Evan