Re: [Chicken-hackers] debian package build

From: Peter Bex
Subject: Re: [Chicken-hackers] debian package build
Date: Sat, 13 Jun 2015 15:41:00 +0200

On Sat, Jun 13, 2015 at 03:36:48PM +0200, "Jörg F. Wittenberger" wrote:
> Attached a debian package build.
>
> At least csi and csc do their job for me.  Maybe some things are missing
> or at the wrong place?

We had this before and removed it.  I believe this has no place in the
official repository.  I don't want to start a flamewar about which
distribution's package formats belong in core and which don't, so it's
the safest to keep them all out.

Besides, it creates an additional maintenance burden on the core team,
which gets worse the more package systems get added.  The Debian folks
have their own repository containing this build already; I think it's
best to contribute to that instead of trying to keep this in sync with
a separate version in the core repo.