Re: [Chicken-hackers] Scheduler fdset assert patch

From: Jonathan Chan
Subject: Re: [Chicken-hackers] Scheduler fdset assert patch
Date: Wed, 08 Jul 2015 20:12:07 -0400

Hi all,

I ended up having some free time before the weekend and went back to the
scheduler assert problem. I wrote a test case for the bug and revised
the scheduler assert patch after some further testing.

In the previous patch, the thread in which the interrupt handler ran
would just be removed from ##sys#fd-list if the block object was changed
from a file. This didn't seem to handle some cases where the interrupt
handler ended up unblocking. In one of these cases, when mutex-lock! and
then mutex-unlock! were called in succession, it also turned out that
the "current thread"'s state needed to be saved, set to 'running during
the interrupt handler, then restored in order to avoid mutex-unlock!
from calling the scheduler and causing the program to hang/do strange
things.

I've attached the the test case for the bug and the revised patch.
Again, if someone experienced with the scheduler could review it and
make sure it doesn't cause strange things to happen, it would be very
much appreciated.

Best regards,
--
  Jonathan Chan