Re: [Chicken-hackers] merging the "argvector" changes

From: Peter Bex
Subject: Re: [Chicken-hackers] merging the "argvector" changes
Date: Sat, 29 Aug 2015 19:10:44 +0200

On Fri, Aug 28, 2015 at 09:51:45AM -0700, Ivan Raikov wrote:
>   I agree that the argvector patch should be merged, as it is a change
> that allows Real Work to be done with CHICKEN.
> It would be nice to have performance comparisons of course, and I
> would be particularly curious to benchmark CPS-style tree traversal
> and combinator parsing code. I  think having the patch merged would
> make it easier to test and identify potential performance problems.

Excellent.  I have merged them, and made a snapshot for CHICKEN 4.10.1,
which I'll annouce in a moment.

I don't think it's really necessary to make a snapshot for 5 yet, because
it can still be bootstrapped using CHICKEN 4.  If you want to bootstrap
an argvector version of CHICKEN 5 you'll simply need an argvector version
of CHICKEN 4.