Re: [Chicken-hackers] How to interpret chicken post mortem?

From: Jörg F . Wittenberger
Subject: Re: [Chicken-hackers] How to interpret chicken post mortem?
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 2015 21:03:19 +0100

Am 26.11.2015 um 20:08 schrieb Peter Bex:
>>> Do you also get this when compiling said code with the 4.10.1 snapshot?
>>
>> I get the same strange segfaults from 4.10.1 snapshot (plus both the
>> mutex-related fixes I posted these days as they are essential to work
>> long enough).
>
> Hi Joerg,
>
> Unfortunately, it is impossible for us to debug this without some kind
> of reproducible test case.

I know, I know.  I just hoped this may trigger an idea in someones head.

> If we can't have that, a full unoptimised build's stack trace would be
> useful instead of the truncated snippet full of "optimised out" values
> you posted.

The optimized stuff was the 4.10.1 as downloaded.  I collected several
snippets from the beginnings of gdb backtraces from the master
debug-build.  Though their value may be of limited help now that I
recompiled the whole thing using the other compiler version.

I just started yet another recompile, expecting results tomorrow.

So what exactly would be helpful?  (Short of a 10-liner reliably
reproducing the problem.)

I can't correlate the breakage to any activity of mine so far.  So what
is does by itself are two things:  A) (The background job) walk down a
directory structure filled with XML files.  Each file it reads/parses
and mirrors some of the information in a sqlite database.  Limited to 5
files per second.  B) It maintains persistent tcp connections to two
handful of external IP-addresses and talks to them sometimes.

In other words: nothing too fancy.

So how many frames the gdb backtrace would be interesting?  How many of
the would you like?  And which way do you like the traces, .c and source
files?  (Certainly not attached to a posting here.)

CU

/Jörg