Re: [Chicken-hackers] PATCH: allow signal handlers to be called from any

From: Jörg F . Wittenberger
Subject: Re: [Chicken-hackers] PATCH: allow signal handlers to be called from any thread.
Date: Thu, 3 Dec 2015 14:26:43 +0100

Am 03.12.2015 um 14:01 schrieb John Cowan:
> Jörg F. Wittenberger scripsit:
>
>> One more question.  I would have expected chicken to store signals
>> received while C_interrupts_enabled==0 and deliver them at some point
>> after C_interrupts_enabled becomes true.  Why are those signals ignored?
>
> That's what signal blocking is supposed to be for.

If that's what CHICKEN wants signal blocking to be it.  But that's my
question: is this intentional, then why?

I'd expected it so behave similar to POSIX signals and at least my
signal(7) man page suggest that signals sent while reception is blocked
are stored and delivered later:  "A signal may be blocked, which means
that it will not be delivered until it is later unblocked.  Between the
time when it is generated and when it is delivered a signal is said to
be pending."

Right now CHICKEN will receive those signals from the system and ignore
them completely when blocking signals instead of adding them to the
pending list.  This looks wrong to me.

/Jörg