Re: [Chicken-hackers] [Chicken-users] Need help to figure out where this

From: Jörg F . Wittenberger
Subject: Re: [Chicken-hackers] [Chicken-users] Need help to figure out where this strange performance impact is coming from
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2016 18:44:40 +0100

Hi Dan & chicken-hackers,

thanks for your reply.  I'm really curious how to explain these findings.

Complying with your suggestion, I'm sending this time to chicken-hackers
this time too.  I've been hoping enough of them would read chicken-users
too.

For reference to those who missed the initial posting, the message (with
attachment) is here:
http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/chicken-users/2016-01/msg00033.html

Am 13.01.2016 um 18:32 schrieb Dan Leslie:
> IIRC, there's been ongoing efforts to remove SRFI-1 from core; which may
> explain your observations regarding Master.

I'm aware of that and checked the relevant git history before I posted.
 After all that's been my first guess too.  But my digging did not yield
any hints.  Looks like this is going on in it's own branch.

Another wild guess of mine was "maybe specializations?".  That's why the
(use srfi-1) is close to the end of the file.  (Even though I'm not
completely sure that's enough.)