Re: [Chicken-hackers] PATCH: more efficient scheduler

From: Peter Bex
Subject: Re: [Chicken-hackers] PATCH: more efficient scheduler
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2016 14:10:09 +0100

On Mon, Feb 15, 2016 at 01:57:52PM +0100, Jörg F. Wittenberger wrote:
> Hi,
>
> the attached patch does not fix any bugs.  It brings some performance
> improvements under certain load conditions.  The cost: It adds the
> overhead of another counter and a dispatch on a a fixnum modulo
> operation - IMHO negotiable.

Hi Joerg,

This change looks interesting, but the patch flow has increased like
crazy these last couple of weeks.  I think it's a good idea to make
a release before we even consider making large/dangerous changes to
essential parts like the scheduler.  There's only one remaining open
ticket for a release right now, which is fixing compiler warnings.

But maybe we can do without that fix, as it can potentially break eggs.

The master branch is currently in a state that's acceptable for a new
release, I think.