[Chicken-hackers] PATCH Re: slow polling

From: Jörg F . Wittenberger
Subject: [Chicken-hackers] PATCH Re: slow polling
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2016 22:39:23 +0100

The "Betthupferl"

Am 19.02.2016 um 18:46 schrieb Jörg F. Wittenberger:
> Am 19.02.2016 um 14:02 schrieb Jörg F. Wittenberger:
> I opened ticket 1259 for this.
>
> To make the kind reviewers job easier, I'll post diffs in piecemeal here.

A "Betthupferl" is Bavarian (a German dialect spoken in some remote,
hilly areas) for the last, small mean given to the kids upon bedtime.
Contradictory to all teachings often a sweet.

This patch is not supposed to do any harm.

It refactors parts of the code to minimize the upcoming diffs.
Furthermore it basically takes srfi-18 out of the equation.  Only
whitespace/comment diffs left there.

PS: passes all relevant tests so far.

Cheers

/Jörg