Re: [Chicken-hackers] scheme-bytestructures, multi-implementation libra

From: felix . winkelmann
Subject: Re: [Chicken-hackers] scheme-bytestructures, multi-implementation libraries
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2016 15:59:52 +0200

> I think it would be good for chicken's spread and adoption in the scheme
> world if its install system supported this case of multi-implementation
> libraries, where the chicken-specific files can all be in a
> subdirectory.  To that end, I propose that some declaration could be
> added to .release-info that would tell henrietta-cache of the path in
> which to find .meta and .setup, and in which to build the extension.

Hm... perhaps we could try both *.setup + *.meta and chicken/*.setup +
chicken/*.meta, but I guess this would require changes to THE SYSTEM
(Peter?)

(BTW, these two files, .setup + .meta will probably be merged into a single
*.egg in chicken-5, but this is all currently in flux right now. If any changes
to aforementioned SYSTEM need to be done, this would be the right time
to investigate)