Re: [Chicken-hackers] Improved manpages [was: (no subject)]

From: Peter Bex
Subject: Re: [Chicken-hackers] Improved manpages [was: (no subject)]
Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2016 14:28:30 +0200

On Wed, Jul 20, 2016 at 09:06:27AM +0300, Timo Myyra wrote:
> This makes the mdoc(7) format the default on all platforms.
> If old man(7) format is required the mdoc(7) pages can be converted to
> man format and `MAN=.man' option can be set in platform specific
> makefile to copy those files as manual pages.

Many thanks for this, Timo!

Attached is a signed-off copy of your patch.  I updated the
distribution/manifest file to use the new source files.  If we
ever need to build and include the .1 man format files in our
distribution tarballs, these need to be added there, as well.

I think for now it's safe to assume all our target platforms
support mdoc; it seems to be old enough and very widespread.